Sunday, May 1, 2011

A touching letter from Elder Bellomy

No commentary this week. I'll just share Elder Bellomy's email.

----------------------------------------------------------------

This passed week Elder Bayles and I had a companionship study which makes the first part of this email, really a preface to my email, necessary. We had a conversation about our families. I remembered how the best day of my week before the mission was Sunday. I remembered how I used to pull up after church or after being with my friends to see Spencer and Elizabeth's Sonata parked out side with Adam's car right next to it. I remembered how warm and happy it made me feel to be with my family. It brought tears to my eyes to think about how I can be with you all forever. Through the Priesthood of God, our family has been bound together. It is powerful motivation to always stay pure. So I may stand spotless before the judgement bar of Christ and be let into Celestial Glory through His infinite mercy and grace, after I have exerted everything I have keeping true and remaining on the path.
Long story short, I love ya'll. I am so thankful to you for all that has been given to me. Support, love, finances, everything to get me out here and keep me here. YOU DO SO MUCH, I can scarcely summon adequate gratitude to pay you back. I am sorry I have been a terrible pen pal. I am going to be better!

Okay. Now that I have recanted, I can give you the news:

This week was a week of ups and downs...like most weeks and days in missionary work. We had an awesome week in our area. We found 2 new investigators, we have some awesome investigators, and we have been doing a lot more in our area than the weeks before. One of our investigators name is Andy Chen. Andy Chen is the husband of a woman from mainland china. He is Chinese himself but was raised in the Bronx and Queens. His wife joined the church in Switzerland while going to school. They just moved into the area and we went by after they came to church together and announced to the ward in introduction "We are the Chens, I'm Ting, this is my husband Andy...he is not a member YET, but we will be married in the Temple in a year or so"...talk about bold. ha ha He is scheduled to be baptized this Sunday evening. We have an awesome relationship with him and it is awesome to see how he is coming closer to God and Jesus Christ through the Book of Mormon and through the help of the Holy Ghost.
I would say the story to my life right now is really hard to put into many words when it can so easily and appropriately be explained as a blur. Time is moving so fast. It was my birthday yesterday right? ...RIGHT? Transfer week is coming up this next week so I am getting pretty anxious to see what will happen with me next week. The crazy time is going to shortly begin...Busy, busy. ZLC...Ebenezer, etc, etc. :) But I love it.
What is another weird facet of my life is that I am going to start applying for school in the upcoming week. I think BYU is going to be my big sell. Not that I have been thinking about it but...Business Accounting undergrad and then onto law school. Corporate attorney here I come!
I love ya'll...I did a lot better this time, eh?
With love from Houston--
Elder Andrew Bellomy

No comments:

Post a Comment