Sunday, May 1, 2011

March 14. Birthday greetings from my son.

March 14th is my birthday. I am proud of all my children for all the things they do. I am proud of Andrew for his choice to serve a mission. It was wonderful to get a birthday message from Elder Bellomy. (I think someone reminded him...even though he didn't need reminding.

"Ahhhhh man....you robbed me of the pride of remembering. I was excited all this week for the chance to email because I actually remembered a birthday! I'm not forgetful or anything but I think I'd forget it was Christmas if the world didn't bring it up ha ha But...all is well. Happy Birthday Dad!"

Mission news.
My life this week has actually been a bit relaxed (relatively). No mission conferences, no leadership meetings, no transfers, no etc. etc. Just the regular things. We have transfers coming up this next week, which will be busy.
Reflections on time warp.
It is weird to think of this time in my mission. I heard a returned missionary joke when I at about 8 months in my mission that isn't as funny to me now as it was to me then. He compared a mission to a snow covered house....you set up a ladder on the one side and you make an arduous hike up the ladder for 6 months, then you walk up the slant and it seems to go a little faster and easier for six months, then you hit the peak and start sliding down the other side quickly for 6 months and then, free fall to the ground...for what seems like seconds. Elder Peterson and I have been together for 6 months and I feel like I have been with him for 2 months. Time is going so quickly, I am almost scared by it. ha
Misc. stuff.
I wish I had news to share with you, we don't...other than this...the mission office is moving locations officially March 25th. The new address is:
Texas Houston South Mission

ATTN: Elder Bellomy

602 Eldridge Road

Sugar Land, TX 77478
So, if you want to write Eldrew...and please do...this is the new official address.

No comments:

Post a Comment