Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hmmm...maybe that is how we do it.

We jokenly complain about about Elder Bellomy's short letters home. He's actually done pretty well of late.

However, we may have stumbled onto a way to get him to write longer emails...don't write him. This week (March 7th) we had an email snafu...and our letter to him went to the wrong email box.

The reply to our missed email was this rather long and detailed email from the Elder:
Wow! A taste of my own medicine! ha ha I'm kidding. I do appreciate any email I recieve and the quick to read bullets! That makes my email time fly by. So, not much has changed from Friday other than the dust is settling down. We don't really have anything big on our plates until the transfers. Which are 22 March. I can't say whether I'm staying or going...time will only tell. As soon as I take more pictures I will send pictures. With the usual amount time I have to email, I will tell you a neat story from this week. I'm not sure where it is going to go but it was pretty cool. I was on exchanges with one the of the zone leaders in my area this Saturday and it was about 2 o'clock and our appointment called and cancelled so we decided to go get a few contacts somewhere. We had already been to the Walmart parking lot to talk to people, so we couldn't go back there and there is a severe scarcety of places to contact people in sugarland because we have been kicked out of so many places. As we were driving there was an apartment complex that kept coming into my mind so we decided to go there (which didn't make sense because I had been to that apartment complex only once and we left quickly because there was no one walking around AND our next appointment was in 30 minutes so we were going to need to leave in 20 minutes). I looked at the missionary I was with and said, "I don't know why we're here, but I feel like we should be here" So we went to go knock on a few doors. When we got to the first door, Elder Breeze realized we didn't have our scriptures on us and I agreed with him that it would show a lack of faith to not be prepared to be let in, so we went back to the car to get our backpacks. We then began knocking. We got to our 6th door and we started talking to the man and he let us in. We only had about 10 minutes at this point, so explained our purpose as missionaries and told him that we were going to talk about something important to the restoration of the gospel and said a pray. Then we taught the book of mormon. As we were winding down the lesson, Marcus (the man) said, "can I be honest with you?" We said, "yes please" and the began, "To be honest, all my life I have hated mormons. I didn't know why you were doing what you were doing! When I'd see you on your bikes I'd want to run you over with my truck. But 3 weeks ago, my father in law came to stay with my family. He's one of your brothers. He told me what you told me today. I realized that you are doing a great thing. I'm going to read this book cover to cover. I have never once seen you in my complex before and it just happens to be a time when I'm home and when I'm reading my bible too, this is not a coincidence." It was really cool. Hopefully he progresses!


Well, I love ya'll!


Elder Bellomy
And, we love you too Elder Bellomy!

No comments:

Post a Comment