Sunday, August 28, 2011

Updates from Elder Bellomy.

Wow! Time is flying by.

We get regular emails from Eldrew, but not a lot of news. He is focused and working hard. He loves his companion...and tells us a few funny stories.
To be honest, there isn't a lot of news to tell.

Houston is blazingly hot.

Eldrew and Elder Tufaga are teaching a lot of people...but not too many are willing to follow through. He speaks of constantly sifting. He loves the area he is in.

Some snippets from his last few letters:

Learning charity:
We have some really exciting things going on in our area right now and I am learning a lot about charity. I think that is the lesson the Lord wants me to learn right now. It's not that I'm having my charity tested all the time or anything, but there are a lot of elements to missionary work where charity is intergral and I am finding that if I'm having one of those days it is hard to muster that love. It is a great lesson to learn to go even farther to get outside of myself and love more. Like Christ taught, if I love those who love me, what reward do I have?
Gladys Knight.

Did you know that Gladys Night is a Latter Day Saint? Eldrew reports the following news.
Another cool thing that is happening, which I will miss but it is still cool, is Sister Gladys Knight and the Saints Unified Voices Choir is coming to do 5 free firesides in Houston (all with in our mission boundaries). She and her choir sing gospel music and she bears her testimony and shares her conversion story and makes some bold commitments to non members in the audience.


Elder Born update:

Elderew speaks of a great Zone Conference (a missionary get together for about 20-30 missionaries). He mentions Elder Born is an Assistant to the President...I think this is the same Elder Born that Eldrew trained and really thinks the world of.
Yesterday was Zone Conference where we recieved some awesome counsel from President Saylin and his 2 wonderful assistants--Elder Bayles and Elder Born.
Mormon moment...here is a video of Gladys Knight performing with the Mormon Tablernacle Choir.

No comments:

Post a Comment