Monday, August 29, 2011

The one digit midgit rides his broken-down bike.














Eldrew is in the home stretch of his mission. Counting today, he is down to only nine days left. That makes him officially (to borrow an old phrase from his Dad's navy days) a "one digit midgit." In other words, he is down to single digits in the days left on his mission. The celebrations are almost ready to start.

A couple of notes from last week's letter as it relates to the final days of his mission...

Broken down bike.
Just like his Dad, Elder Bellomy is limping his bike* to the finish line. He writes:

Probably the funniest thing that is a part of my daily life down to nearly every second is that my bike is giving up the ghost. Gear boxes are breaking (i'm down to a 3 speed from a 21 speed), my crank arm is stript so when I ride I have to twist my leg and body to get it to turn over and all kinds of little things are falling off. ha ha I was going to send it home but I guess not.

Special experiences.
Elder Bellomy is having special experiences right down to the final days of his mission.

I think the cool thing to announce for this week is that I am going to have the best day of my life on Friday...I go to the temple with my departing group and then I drive home and 2 hours later I turn around and head back up north to a chapel in the north part of our mission where we will have the pleasure to hear from Elder Jeffery R. Holland!!!!!!! Yeah! He is taking a major unplanned detour to speak to the 3 houston missions. I am so pumped up. He is a power house.
Elder Holland has a special place in our family's heart. He was the President of Brigham Young University when Eldrew's parents attended. He is a great speaker, and is Susan's favorite Church leader.
Here is a short video to give you a sense of Elder Holland. He is speaking to young people of the Church...but is the spirit of him as a person and speaker.


 
 
* The photo of the bike is just representative. I will replace it with a real photo when Eldrew gets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment